Choosing a headstone and gravestone inscription for a husband and wife is a personal and important decision. The inscription should reflect the unique relationship and love that the couple shared. It should also be a tribute to their lives and accomplishments.
There are many different factors to consider when choosing a headstone inscription. Some people may want to include the couple’s names, birth and death dates, and a religious or spiritual quote. Others may want to include a personal message or epitaph that reflects the couple’s relationship and shared experiences.
Husband and Wife Partner Inscriptions
Here are a few tips for generating ideas for husband and wife headstone inscriptions:
- Think about the couple’s relationship. What made their relationship special? What did they enjoy doing together? What were their shared values and beliefs?
- Consider the couple’s individual personalities and interests. What were their hobbies and passions? What were they proud of?
- Think about the couple’s legacy. What impact did they have on their family, friends, and community?
Once you have a few ideas, you can start to narrow them down and choose the inscription that you feel best reflects the couple and their relationship.
Examples of Partner Headstone Inscriptions:
- Together in life, together in death.
- Forever in our hearts.
- Loved beyond words, missed beyond measure.
- Always and forever, the two of us.
- Until we meet again.
- Two souls entwined, forever as one.
- Partners in love and life, now together for eternity.
- Our love story never ends.
- Our hearts beat as one, even in death.
- A love so strong, it will never die.
- Together always, apart never.
- Until we meet again, my love.
- Our love transcends time and space.
- Two souls united, forever as one.
You can also include a personal message or epitaph in the headstone inscription. For example, you could write about the couple’s love story, their shared values, or the impact they had on your life.
Examples of Personal Messages and Epitaphs for Inscriptions:
- My best friend, my lover, my soulmate. I will miss you forever.
- You made me a better person. Thank you for your love and support.
- You were the best husband/wife a person could ask for. I am so grateful for the time we had together.
- You are the love of my life. I will cherish our memories forever.
- Until we meet again, my darling.
- Our love story will never end.
- You were the light of my life.
- You are my everything.
- I am so blessed to have had you in my life.
- You are forever in my heart.
- I love you more than words can say.
- You are my soulmate, and I will love you forever.
No matter what inscription you choose, make sure that it is something that you and your family will be happy with for years to come.